Dear church, as a response to the global pandemic, here's some important information for us:
What are we doing:
- Partnering with Northfield Community Foodbank to respond to growing needs in our city.
- Working from home (all staff are either remote working or on furlough).
- Caring for church members, and local elderly people, on a daily basis. This includes phone calls, video calls and outdoor/cafe visits.
- Gathering online and in person on Sundays as a whole community, in line with place of worship guidance.
- Restarting some of our ministries in person, in line with government advice. This includes our youth group (unregulated youthwork), prayer walks (outdoor gatherings), parent and toddlers group (unregulated childcare).
What are we not doing:
- Gathering in each other’s homes at any time.
- Worrying – we have peace about today, and hope for tomorrow.
What you should do:
- Stay safe, in line with latest government advice.
- Gather with other believers regularly, online, outside or in cafes, to support and encourage each other.
- Tell us if you have practical or pastoral needs (via Phil and Margaret Burnett).
- Love your neighbours in new and creative ways.
- Pray for our church, city and nation.
Our mandate is to re-present Jesus to a worried world right now; let’s be confident in His solutions as we follow the Spirit’s lead.
With love and blessings.