Dear church, as a response to the global pandemic, here's some important information for us:
What are we doing:
- Partnering with Northfield Community Foodbank to respond to growing needs in our city.
- Working from home (all staff are either remote working or on furlough).
- Caring for church members, and local elderly people, on a daily basis. This includes phone calls, video calls and outdoor visits.
- Gathering online on Sundays as a whole community (places of worship are closed from 8th January).
What are we not doing:
- Gathering indoors in person at any time.
- Worrying – we have peace about today, and hope in God’s purposes for us, and the world.
What you should do:
- Stay safe, in line with latest government advice.
- Gather with other members online or outside, to support and encourage each other.
- Tell us if you have practical or pastoral needs (via Phil and Margaret Burnett).
- Pray for our church, city and nation.
Church is not a building, so we are not closed. Our mandate has not changed – to love God, and love our neighbours.
May you know more and more grace and peace at this time.